1. Season the salmon & sprinkle on the basil. Reserve
the basil stalks. Toss the cooked vermicelli in a little of
the melted butter (about 1oz) and half the chopped chives.
2. Wrap the salmon lightly with the noodle and set to rest
in the cooler.
3. Wash, pick and chop the cilantro leaves. Reserve the cilantro
stalks. Peel the tomato and dice the flesh. Keep all trimmings
4. Now make the sauce. Chop the shallot and place in a small
pan to cook a little without color. Add the basil stalks and
the same amount of cilantro stalks, then the white wine. Reduce
the wine by two thirds. Add the tomato trimmings, juice of
two of the lemons and add to the reduction; continue to simmer.
Dice the butter and gradually whisk it in to the liquid. When
all the butter is incorporated, taste, adjust and strain the
sauce. Hold the sauce in a warm spot.
5. Peel the pineapple, remove the core and cut into quarter
inch dice. Slice the mushrooms, shred the cabbage reserving
ten of the large outer leaves.
6. Julienne the jicima and green papaya. Juice the remaining
meyer lemon and whisk together with the olive oil and sweet
chili. Season to taste.
7. Blanch and cool the outer leaves of the cabbage. Sauté
the cabbage, mushrooms and pineapple with the remaining chives.
Season and chill the mixture.
8. Wrap the sautéed mixture with the outer leaves
making cabbage parcels, press in to a disk shape.
9. Sear the wrapped salmon and warm the cabbage disks. Finish
the sauce with the chopped cilantro and dice of tomatoes.
Toss the papaya and jicima in the meyer lemon dressing.
10. Once the salmon is cooked medium rare, cut diagonally
to form two triangles. Place the warmed cabbage disk in the
center of the plate, place the jicima, papaya mix on top and
stand the cut salmon leaning against the mix. Sauce around
google_ad_client = "pub-0662869163161452";
google_ad_width = 200;
google_ad_height = 90;
google_ad_format = "200x90_0ads_al";
google_color_border = "990033";
google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "333333";
google_color_url = "666666";
google_color_text = "666666";