1. Cut the leeks into large chunks on the bias and wash
2. Wrap the leeks in aluminum foil with the butter and garlic, season
lightly with salt and pepper and seal the foil and bake in a moderate
oven for 40-50 minutes until the mixture is completely soft and cooked.
3. Season the beef with the cracked black pepper and salt, sear in a
hot skillet and finish in the oven.
4. Keeping the skillet on the stove after removing the beef, add the
Madeira. Once the Madeira has reduced by half add the veal stock, reduce
this by three quarters. In a separate pan sauté the morels with
the rubbed thyme, add them to the veal sauce and finish with a little
butter when the sauce has reached the desired consistency.
5. Peel the potato and curl on a vegetable curler, deep fry the potato
threads to form a crispy potato disk.
6. Lightly grill the Westphalian Ham, warm the tomato petals and leek
then mix all three together. Place the mix on to the center of a warm
plate, lay on the potato disk on top. Then the beef . Sauce on top and
place the morels around, garnish with the sprigs of chervil...